Saturday, September 24, 2011

Architectural Elements

Some of my favorite subjects are architectural elements. Luckily for me, I live near Portsmouth New Hampshire, where we have so many historical buildings, especially Strawberry Banke. http://www.strawberybanke.org/






ok, this is actually in Newburyport, MA not too far away.

Disclosure: This is actually a display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but its FROM a historical home in Portsmouth.

Obviously this is not in NH. Its St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC, but look how COOL this is!  Imagine what the skyline looked like when the cathedral was built. I love the contrast here. Modern/Old.

Again, this isn't in NH, but the Brooklyn Bridge is very cool.




















http://www.strawberybanke.org/  I love wandering around here, I always find something new to look at.  The gardens are amazing, and the neighborhood around it is quaint and historical.  I LOVE old houses, but only to look at and appreciate.  My first house was 100 years old, and just a little too much maintenance for me.  I'll just live vicariously through the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment